Friday 9 May 2014

On Location: My Bedroom

I plan on bringing my model into my work environment at home but because it was my first time using location lighting i wanted to practice first with out a model to what kind of lighting i could create and try and get the set up right before i bring my model into it. 

These first couple of photos i took were before i set up the lighting equipment so all the light is available light from outside the window. The lighting is very warm and a soft, it gives a very 'homely' mood to the images. The light coming in from behind creates these light linings around my sewing machine and other things in my room which looks quite beautiful. 










USING LIGHTS: These second lot of photos i brought in lighting. My bedroom is quite small so i used only one light stand with a soft box. I first set the light box up so that it was front on to my desk but the light was too blown out and there was no shadow or tone to the objects on my desk. I then put the soft box over to the left of my room and pulled it back a little bit and then i stood to the right of my room. This worked a lot more successfully, as the shapes and shadows of the objects stood out more from the neutral tones of the desk and the window sill. I worked with different focusing techniques, capturing the objects in my room in full focus and then blurring the outdoors, keeping the room very enclosed and 'removed' from outside. 

What didn't work and you can see in nearly all my photographs is because i was shooting into a window you can see the reflection of the soft box. Because of this i tilted the light up to the roof so that the light would bounce off the roof directly down onto my space. I tried this but my images still managed to capture the soft box reflection. I moved up closer to my desk and focused more on the objects on my desk playing with focus and different angles. 

What i need to consider now is when i bring my model into my work space, where is she going to sit/stand, what will she be doing, whether the compositions will work capturing both my model and bedroom together. 







No comments:

Post a Comment